As we are rounding into, sadly, the tail end of summer I say we blow it out with all the summery things to keep us happy until next year! And that means ALLLLL the things cooked outside/grilled outside/eaten outside. Right?
But the most quintessential thing of them all must be s’mores!!! Summer calls for s’mores and this summer especially I say we load them up. Now, I have a few recipes for s’mores for you all on the site already. One of the most popular being my S’mores Bars. They’re delish. Gooey, filled with chocolate and gluten free graham goodness but in a bar form so much easier to transport. But let’s add a fun new twist onto these babies. Why not add some roasted strawberries in there?
Chocolate and strawberries are one of my favorite flavor combinations and I know you’ll also love this new version of a classic. Better yet you can organize everything ahead of time so it’s just as easy as a classic s’more. Make sure you enjoy these before summer is over-gooey mallows and melted chocolate is calling your name!
Roasted Strawberry S’mores
Recipe Originally Created for Enjoy Life Foods
Free From the Top-9 Food Allergens
Serves: 7 large S’mores
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 20 minutes roasting time
- 1 Pint strawberries, hulled & halved
- 3 T. granulated sugar
- 14 vegan and allergen free large marshmallows*
- 6 Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Bars – your favorite flavor!
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Vanilla Honey Graham Crunchy Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400˚ and line a small rimmed baking sheet with foil, making a little lip with the foil around the edges.
- Gently toss the strawberries with the granulated sugar and pour onto the foil lined sheet. Roast at 400˚ for 20 minutes or until liquid is bubbling around them and they’re lightly golden on the edges. (*note, you can do this earlier in the day!)
- Oven Instructions: Preheat oven to broil and line a large baking sheet with foil. Lay 7 cookies down then a piece of chocolate from your favorite Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Bar, then 1-2 marshmallows. Place the tray on the lowest rack and watch like a hawk until the marshmallows JUST start to turn golden! Remove from oven and place a few of the roasted strawberries on top, then another piece of chocolate and then the final cookie.
- Campfire Instructions: Skewer your marshmallow. Pre-assemble both sides of your s’more: One side with a crunchy cookie and chocolate and the other side with a crunchy cookie, roasted strawberries and chocolate. Place nearby. Once the marshmallow is perfectly toasted, scrape off your skewer between the cookies with the chocolate and the strawberries sandwiched in there. Enjoy!
*Note: Dandies, featured here, is free from the Top-9 allergens EXCEPT SOY. Contains soy.
If you need a Top-9 Free Marshmallow check out Campfire!
Happy Foods are the Best Foods!