As I navigate through this world of GI issues I am having, I find myself discovering new recipes, new drinks and creating new meals and beverages. I was reminiscing about Christmas time and how great I was feeling and then started thinking about food (my all day every day thoughts, ha!) and how much I love peppermint lattes.
But was it the coffee that I loved in that recipe or the peppermint? We all know I love coffee, but I’ve been trying to drink less of it lately. So I figured why not make a peppermint latte using matcha instead of the coffee!
It’s definitely a different flavor profile, but I think it’s delicious! It’s easy and now there are so many more accessible styles of matcha, even instant matcha where you don’t need a bamboo matcha whisk or a proper matcha bowl. Matcha for everyone!
I sampled this latte with all different kinds of milk: whole milk, hemp milk, almond milk, oat milk. They are all delicious. So pick your favorite milk and whip up this little anytime treat!
Stay safe out there, Drizzlers!
Peppermint Matcha Latte
Free From Top-9 Food Allergens
- 2 Tbs. matcha powder, sifted
- 1/4 c. hot water
- 1 1/4 c. favorite milk ( for SIBO/Candida use homemade hemp milk. If you can consume nuts you can also use almond or hazelnut milk)
- 1/8 tsp. peppermint flavor (flavor is different than extract, much purer and cleaner)
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- Using a small whisk or a bamboo matcha whisk, blend together the sifted matcha powder and the hot water until smooth in a small bowl.
- Warm your milk of choice and add to the matcha, gently stirring.
- Add the peppermint flavor and any sweetener if adding and gently stir to combine.
- Pour into two mugs and enjoy!
Happy Foods are the Best Foods!