I love a good summer salad. And when produce is fresh and gorgeous like it is right now in Chicago I want ALLLL the summer salads!
This is one of my favorites to toss together because it’s not fussy, it’s not complicated. It barely even has a dressing. It’s fresh, it’s pretty and it uses all my favorite summer flavors. Watermelon, tomatoes, fresh herbs, cucumbers and finish it off with some olive oil and flaky sea salt and you’re done!
It’s perfect for all your backyard social distance get togethers and takes just a few minutes to put together.
So slice up the watermelon for the kids and be sure to save some for you to make this beauty with, I know you’ll be making it all summer long once you try one bite!
Stay Safe out there, Drizzlers!
Tomato-Watermelon Summer Salad
Free From Top-14 Food Allergens
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, heirloom if possible
- 2 c. diced watermelon
- 4 baby cucumbers, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 c. fresh herbs such as mint, basil, cilantro, parsley
- 2-3 Tbs. good quality olive oil
- pinch of flaky sea salt
- Cut the cherry or grape tomatoes in half and add to a large bowl.
- Gently mix in the diced watermelon, cut cucumbers and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle with olive oil, gently toss to coat and finish with the flaky sea salt.
Happy Foods are the Best Foods!