At this busy time of the year isn’t it nice to have a delicious, festive and fun cookie that is fast? I gift you my Peppermint Brownie Crinkles! These cookies start with-gasp- a MIX! I used to be so anti mixes and preached everything homemade….well, you know what? Life! Life is what. And when things get busy why not have a recipe under your belt that makes things a little bit easier on you?
Plus these are super fun to make with the kiddos. Because it’s quick you’ll keep their attention from start to finish rather than the experience of measuring, pouring, yelling, cleaning, more pouring, likely more scolding and then they’re gone leaving you with the rest of the baking!
These are definitely best served the same day you bake them or within 2-3 days. I haven’t tried freezing them but I’m sure that would be a great option also! Have fun adding these pretty peppermint dotted cookies to your repertoire. It’s nice to have an easy button to push every once in awhile, Drizzlers!
Peppermint Brownie Crinkles
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes chilling, bakingIngredients
- 1 box gluten free brownie mix
- 1/2 c. All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 2 eggs, whisked, or 2 portions egg substitute (flax egg would work well here or whipped aquafaba if you want it lighter!)
- 5 Tbsp. melted butter, coconut oil, sunflower oil or margarine
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint oil
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 trays with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together everything except the crushed candy canes. It might look like there isn’t enough liquid but, trust me, there is! Stir until all incorporated and mixed.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, up to a couple hours.
- Scoop out using a medium scooper or a large spoon, it should be about the size of a golf ball. Sprinkle with plenty of the crushed candy canes and bake for 10 minutes. *do NOT overbake! They get dry very quickly.
- Cool on the cookie sheet completely before removing.