Anyone who knows me understands that there are always multiple bags of Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps in my pantry. I LOVE THEM. First of all, it’s a snack made from a whole vegetable. Second of all, it’s freaking delicious. Third, it’s naturally gluten and dairy free. Fourth, per serving there is 5 g. of fiber and 5 g. of protein. I don’t know how you could not love these!
Now, summer salads are also one of my favorite things. A ton of grilled veggies with some greens and a light dressing? Yes. The challenge about being gluten free, though, is that sometimes you want something like a crouton. Sometimes you want something crunchy, aside from a seed or a nut.
Enter Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps.
These babies are PERFECT! They’re crunchy and light like a crouton would be but not heavy and actually filled with good stuff. Tossed with some toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds they make the perfect finish for a summer salad.
That is, if you don’t eat the entire bag first…..
Happy Foods are the Best Foods!
Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps Summer Salad
- 1 head broccoli, quartered
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 head romaine
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 baby cucumbers
- 1 avocado
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps
- ¼ c. toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ c. toasted sunflower seeds
Smashed Raspberry Dressing
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- Juice and zest from 2 lemons
- ¼ c. raspberries, lightly smashed
- Small spoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- Small swirl of honey
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- Preheat a grill or a broiler. Drizzle the broccoli, corn and asparagus with a little olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Grill 3-4 minutes until slightly charred. Set aside to cool.
- While the grilled vegetables are cooling, prepare the rest of the salad. Rinse and tear the romaine, halve the grape tomatoes, slice the cucumbers and avocado.
- Shave the charred corn off the cob, cut the broccoli into smaller pieces and chop the asparagus.
- Arrange everything including the chickpeas in a large, shallow bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients, check for seasoning and add more salt or pepper as needed. Drizzle over the salad.
- Crumble up some Harvest Snaps Snack Crisps and sprinkle over the salad along with the toasted pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.