Banana bread has become the thing to bake these past few weeks while we have all been sheltering in place. Is it because it reminds us of being young and growing up? Is it because it’s such a great way to use up bananas that are en route to the garbage? Is it because it’s a pretty easy recipe?
Whatever the reason I think we’ve reached the point where we are a little sick of baking banana bread. But aside from that and smoothies what should we do with these brown spotted bananas?
I have the perfect recipe and it’s also just as easy as banana bread. And with the addition of a dark chocolate drizzle these might just be the next perfect way to make your kitchen smell like a bakery!
Stay Safe out there, Drizzlers!
Dark Chocolate Banana Bread Cookies
Free From Top-9 Food Allergens + Corn + Potato + Mustard
Makes 20-22 2 bite cookies
- 1/4 c. lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 c. mashed, ripe banana
- 1 Tbs. oil such as sunflower, safflower, olive or coconut if you can have that
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 c. tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 tsp. oil such as sunflower safflower, olive or coconut if you can have that
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the brown sugar, mashed banana, neutral oil and vanilla extract.
- In another small bowl whisk together the oat flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Pour this over the mashed banana mixture and mix with a spoon until blended.
- Scoop out into large tablespoon sized portions, evenly onto the two baking sheets, leaving 1-2″ between each cookie.
- Using damp fingers, smooth the cookies on the sides and pat the top down lightly.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Use a fork to drizzle plenty of chocolate all over the cookies. Pop in the fridge to set. Leave at room temperature or keep refrigerated for 3-4 days.
Happy Foods are the Best Foods!