Late summer might be my most favorite time of the year. Not just because my birthday month falls into this time frame but because the produce is just so darn on point. Fruit is beautiful, corn is at its peak, squash is starting to come in and it’s perfect outdoor grilling/outdoor eating season.
Now, soup might not be exactly what you think of for summer but this super simple Zucchini-Leek Soup is so lovely, so light and so easy to put together I know you’ll be big fans at first slurp!
All you’ll need is zucchini, hopefully from your garden or a farmers market, a leek, yellow potato, chicken or vegetable broth and then your favorite toppers. I love to top with a simple sprinkle of minced chive or sometimes I mix coriander into yogurt with a little lemon zest and plop that right on top. Voila! A beautiful bowl of Zucchini-Leek Soup that will rival any restaurant that you can enjoy any time.
Free from the Top-9 Food Allergens, Vegan, AIP, SIBO reintroduction phase
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooking
- 3 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced
- 1 small yellow potato, roughly chopped
- 2-3 cups of chicken broth or vegetable broth to keep vegan
- Topping options: minced chive, yogurt mixed with coriander and lemon zest, toasted pumpkin seeds, sprinkle of nutritional yeast
- Heat a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat and add a swirl of olive oil.
- Saute the zucchini, leek and potato for 2-3 minutes until beginning to take on some color and becoming fragrant.
- Add 2 cups of the broth, or more, to cover the vegetables and turn the heat down to a simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Gently transfer to a blender and puree, venting the top, until super creamy.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Pour into bowls and top with your favorite garnish. Enjoy!
Happy Foods are the Best Foods!