Well, apparently today is National Dessert Day! So, that’s super fun and also a great excuse to eat some chocolate. Am I right?
One of my favorite desserts to just throw together is chocolate bark. It’s so easy and I love being able to open the fridge and just grab a little square of chilled dark chocolate that’s been drizzled and sprinkled with some fun toppers.
And since it’s fall, let’s theme it up! Today we are adding toasted pumpkin seeds, flaky sea salt and a little fresh grated cinnamon. Tasty! Easy! Fun!
This is also a great kitchen activity with your littles and everything is naturally free from the top-9. So make a little extra and gift it to your neighbors. Share the love, fill your heart and enjoy this fun “holiday!”
Stay Safe Out There, Drizzlers!
Cinnamon Spiced Chocolate Bark
Free From the Top-9 Food Allergens, Potatoes, Sesame and Corn
- 9-12 oz. dark chocolate (I always have Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels on hand but any allergy safe dark chocolate works!)
- 1 tsp. flavorless oil (sunflower, safflower, anything without flavor)
- 1/3 c. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- flaky sea salt
- Line a rimmed sheet tray with parchment or wax paper, set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and oil either in a double boiler set over simmering water or in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between until melted.
- Pour onto the parchment lined sheet tray and smooth, making sure to keep it about 1/4″ thick.
- Sprinkle the toasted pumpkin seeds on top.
- Use a microplane to grate fresh cinnamon over all the chocolate.
- Finish with a smidge of flaky sea salt all over.
- Place in the fridge to set, about 30-60 minutes. Break into pieces and keep in the fridge for up to one week.
Happy Foods are the Best Foods!