(Oh, you read that right. Wipe the drool off your keyboard!)
gluten free, dairy free, egg free, peanut free, nut free*
- ½ c. virgin coconut oil
- ½ c. good quality cocoa powder
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- 1 t. vanilla powder
- ½ c. creamy sunflower seed butter
- 2 T. cocoa nibs, optional
- Line cupcake tins with paper liners. Set aside.
- Place coconut oil in a small saucepan and gently warm until about half is melted. Remove from heat and continue whisking until it is all melty-softened. (tip-this is easier to mix when the oil is super duper soft, but not all melted.)
- Put the softened coconut oil into a medium size bowl and add all the remaining ingredients, whisk to blend evenly, and then pour into the lined cupcake cups. Swirl with a knife for a pretty looking top and then pop in the fridge to set.
- You can keep these in the fridge or remove them from the liners, place in a freezer bag and keep them in the freezer until chocolate cravings strike!
*please note, this recipe does use coconut oil which-though the percentage of people allergic to tree nuts and coconut is extreeeeemely low and in the allergy community is typically not regarded as being part of the “tree nut allergy group”-coconut is technically a tree nut according to the USDA. If you cannot use coconut oil I would try using 1/4 spectrum shortening + 1/4 light olive oil in substitution.
happy, healthy eating! ~Giggles