Ok, get ready darlings. Today’s post is a long one….there’s just too much vital information that you must know about-NUTS! So, if you can get through all my exciting information surrounding these little nutritiont powerhouses I know that you will have a much better understanding of your need to incorporate them into your daily food routine.
- Drinking unsweetened, vanilla almond milk in lieu of cow’s milk
- Using almond meal (ground almonds with skin on) to substitute for ¼ of the flour in a baked recipe, and definitely in pancakes and waffles!
- Tossing some toasted almonds over salad
- Sprinkling almonds over some greek yogurt with fresh blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup. Mmmmmmm!
- Sprinkle some almond slivers over tomato soup to give a bit of crunch
- Make a salad dressing with toasted walnut oil: 1 T. toasted walnut oil, ¼ t. Dijon mustard, 2 T. lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Top sautéed pears with greek yogurt, a drizzle of maple syrup and toasted walnuts.
- A fabulous addition to any salad!
- Make a snack mix with dark chocolate chips, dried blueberries and walnuts (but don’t forget ½ cup is about a serving size!)