Yep, you read correctly. I didn’t mean to type Nutella, indeed today’s post-as promised-is about Notella.
So, what to do? Make a nut free (and, ahem, allergy free to boot!) Nutella. A Not-ella of sorts. So please, enjoy the recipe. Do with it what you will. And I will certainly not judge you if you end up eating half of the batch before you even put it away for storage. (insert very, very happy face!!).
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 T. good quality cocoa powder (not Hershey’s people! Spend the extra dollar or two for something that tastes exponentially better!)
- 1/3 c. rice milk
- 3 T. Enjoy Life ® Mini Chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste (I prefer Nielson-Massey)
- ½ c. sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 T. sunflower oil
- Whisk together the organic cane sugar, cocoa powder and rice milk in a small saucepan. Turn heat to medium and bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the Enjoy Life ® Mini Chips and vanilla bean paste. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the sunflower seeds and sunflower oil to the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse until seeds are coarsely blended.
- Add 1/3 c. of the chocolate mixture to the bowl and blend until seeds are broken down a bit more and the texture is a bit smoother, adding more chocolate if needed to blend easier.
- Scrape into bowl and add any remaining chocolate spread. Pour into jars and store in fridge until ready to use.
happy, healthy eating! ~kendra